Monday, March 12, 2012

So let's see what's new.

    Lots to do and lots of time to do it in... Wait a minute... Let me say that again. I'm starting a new project and if you've been following my facebook and possible my twitter you might have seen my info on this new project. First of all my first game Where Are You? has been shelved, for the time being, as I've looking at the mountain of work to be done just to the existing code... All I can say is Oh My GOD!! it's horrendous. I also lack a certain expertise in the field of coding to be able to go through and fix everything, because of this I have decided to shelve it for now and come back to it when my coding skills can do it justice. 
   Now you might be asking yourself what am I going to do in the meantime? Well the answer is simple, start a new game. I am currently working on a new title right now. The game itself is still in early stages and I have only had the time to do the animations for the main character. Here are some screens for some movement tests. 

                             As you can see my character resembles a cross between builder bob and Mario.



                                                                   And he falls to his death
   The game is a fairly simple platformer with some minecraft, puzzle, and Mario elements added in.
This games code base is easy for me to work with and I don't have any conflicts with RPG elements, like I had with Where Are You? With this game I will be taking it slow and working very carefully on all the elements of the game. I want to put out a game that looks good, but also plays good. I will be making a new indieDB profile for this game and I will be posting pictures and updates there, and of course here as well. 
  
In other news I am planning on building a sound recording room for recording the narration, dialog and sound effects for the game. This will be a fairly simple process and after reading about the closet adventures of the Bastion sound producer I thought about doing a similar thing, but since I do not have a large enough closet for recording purposes I have decided to build a budget sound room. 

The last piece of news was my disappointment that Kickstarter.com does not host international projects that are not based in the US. What I was happy to find out was Kickstarter will open their site up to international projects later this year. 

Well that's all for the updates from me. I will be keeping the blog more up to date on this, and other projects that are in the pipeline.
 Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment